Blogs > Sixers Dish

A Philadelphia 76ers blog, hosted by Christopher A. Vito

Monday, January 28, 2013

ANDREW BYNUM: "I DUNKED (SUNDAY). HAPPY TO KNOW I COULD STILL DO THAT"

(Associated Press)
Monday, Sixers GM Tony DiLeo said it's possible injured center Andrew Bynum could begin practicing with the team as early as Friday. Bynum commented on that, as well as where he is in his rehab, before the Sixers hosted Memphis:

Still targeting the All-Star break for debut?
“I think right after the All-Star break, in my mind.”

Practice by the end of the week?
“I have no idea. It'll be up to the doctors at that point.”

Do you feel like, in your rehab, you could practice at the end of the week?
“I'm not sure. I don't know. We haven't discussed anything yet.”

How are you feeling?
“Baby steps. Still no slides, but I dunked yesterday. I was happy to know I could still do that, which is good. Just taking it really, really slow.”

Been elevating much?
“Gradually increasing. We did sprints today. That's the next step – doing sprints, next slides.”

Are you where you thought you'd be at this point?
“I'm a little bit farther ahead. I honestly believe that. Earlier, before I started getting better, I thought I'd have to play through a lot of pain, but the pain is subsiding a bit, which is good.”

Any consideration to playing before the All-Star break, then using the week between to see how you feel?
“I talked about that for a little while. To me, it doesn't really matter when I come back. Giving myself a full, 'nother week of training is going to be better than trying to come back before that.”

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home