Blogs > Sixers Dish

A Philadelphia 76ers blog, hosted by Christopher A. Vito

Saturday, February 2, 2013

SIXERS' SPENCER HAWES, NICK YOUNG PICK BALTIMORE RAVENS IN SUPER BOWL

(Associated Press)
The Sixers -- well, two of them -- made some odd picks for Super Bowl XLVII.

California kid Nick Young went against San Francisco, as did Spencer Hawes, the Seattle-bred center whose allegiance to the Seahawks runs deep.

Said Young: “I made some big bets this week. I'm going with the Ravens. I don't see Ray Lewis losing. He's going to come out, doing the dance, and that's it.”

Hawes picked the Baltimore Ravens, as well, though he had other things in mind.

“I don't really care who wins. I just want San Francisco to lose,” he said. "I'm a Ravens fan for the week."

Where Hawes would watch Sunday's big game remained to be seen.

"I don't know what I'm doing yet. I'm sure some of the guys will get together," he said. "I don't know who's cooking, though. That's probably the main thing."

The Sixers (20-26) are back in action Monday against visiting Orlando.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home