Blogs > Sixers Dish

A Philadelphia 76ers blog, hosted by Christopher A. Vito

Friday, November 8, 2013

Hollis Thomspon "could be a keeper" for Sixers, coach Brett Brown said

(AP)
76ers coach Brett Brown said second-year forward Hollis Thompson could “be a keeper,” despite being the last man to make his team’s roster.

Thompson, 22, has been getting increasing opportunities to play, including 17 minutes Monday against Golden State and five minutes in the first half Wednesday against Washington. The 6-8, 206-pounder figures to be one of the first guys off the bench for however long center Daniel Orton is sidelined with right knee soreness.

“I think he has a real chance to be a keeper,” Brown said of Thompson. “His process is going to be slower. The time’s he’s come into the games, I think he’s been OK. His opportunity is in a comfortable place. … I think he’s an NBA player for a while. His worth ethic is high. I like him.”

Thompson, the last player to survive preseason cuts late last month, views these last few games as an opportunity to find footing with the Sixers.

“I do what the coaches tell me to do, and do it to the best of my abilities,” said Thompson, a Georgetown product. “Coach (Brown) has given me an opportunity to help the team, so when I go in, I try to rebound. …I definitely think that I have something to prove.”


The Sixers hosted Cleveland Friday in the front-end of a home-and-home series. They’ll visit the Cavaliers Saturday.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home